It's a 5 week structured program targeted to improving child's skills to focus, concentrate and improve basic domains of Memory and Concentration.
During this 5 weeks the child will go through 5 sessions at the centre for training and evaluation of progress of the program.
Step 1: Parents to attend an introductory session at Bandra / Sion Centre on Nov 16th2015 and January 3rd 2016.
Step 2: Individual session will be provided on next visit as per scheduled appointment. The Session includes;
- Individual interview to study strengths and weaknesses of the child.
- To ascertain the applicability to the program for the child.
- Parent Instruction guide for the program
- Defining goals for the program
- Release of user id for the online Program (Cogmed)
- Training child for the Brain Gym Physical Exercises
- Weekly follow up as scheduled for 5 subsequent weeks.
- To assess weekly outcome for the Computerised Program
- To teach new set of Brain Gym Exercises
- On successful completion of the program Certificate Awarded to the Child
- Also an extension of 20weeks for the computerised program released for the child
- Upto 3sessions free counselling to be provided to child with parent during this period.
All children in the above ages can show improvement in areas of Memory / Concentration and Attention.
Below are few difficulties that this program addresses;
- Improve my ability to focus long enough to grasp and follow when my teacher is giving me an instruction
- Improve my ability to wait for my turn
- Be able to sustain attention for longer periods of time while reading
- Remember what to bring to school (books, notes from/to my parents etc.)
- Remember multi-step school assignments without having to be reminded of what to do next
- Be able to do my homework more independently
- Be able to persist in doing my homework
- Improve my ability to stay still for longer periods of time
- Be able to listen more attentively when my parents are talking to me
- Improve my ability to do maths
- Improve my reading comprehension ability
- Improve my ability to focus on the task at hand
- Not put things off as much as I do now
- Not loose my temper as much as I do now
Dr. Dhaval Mody is a multifaceted personality having worked in various domains and an expert in fields of Mental Health, Education & IT.
He holds Post graduation in Psychiatry, Faculty of Homoeopathy, with clinical experience of over two decades. He has been trained at NIMHANS & US for various psychotherapies and psychological assessments. Is a trainer for various Pearson Clinical Assessments, faculty for Transactional Analysis, CBT & REBT at various colleges in Mumbai and has worked exclusively in field of Psychiatry and Psychology for over a decade. Having delivered over 500 lectures, presented papers at various national and international seminars and conferences.
A visionary who believes in the need to create awareness for mental health and brining innovation by creating effective products and services for the same.
Minaz Ajani is a Counsellor, Remedial Teacher, Braingym Teacher and Audiblox tutor. She is also an N.L.C. Learning specialist, Life Skills and F.I.E. Teacher with 10 years of overall experience. She is a guest lecturer at S.N.D.T Women's University. She conducts educational assessments as well as workshops for training teachers, parents and students. She has developed the social skill curriculum for Kangaroo Kids Education for grades 1-12.
Aysel S. Engineer is a Clinical Psychologist and Remedial Educator with 15 years of experience in remediation of children across various difficulties, and has been part of an inclusive set up for nine years. She is an English Language expert with a vast experience of using Sound in Syllables methodology in her teaching. Her expertise also extends to working with children from the Autism Spectrum Disorder on an individual basis; and she is able to communicate with hearing impaired individuals using the Indian Sign Language.